Saturday, May 12, 2007

tooth goop.

There are a few things that make my stomach gurgle and twist, and one of them happens to be teeth stuff. So this morning, when I was changing Maren's diaper I noticed that she had some strange discoloration on her teeth. Being a virgo, I like to pick at stuff. So I dove right in to see what exactly it was (Maren obliged). To my horror, it was JUICE-STAINED TOOTH GOOP! Plaque? Or just that morning film nobody likes to talk about? Whatever it was, I could SCRAPE IT OFF! Oh my God, I ran her right to the bathroom and we brushed her teeth!

And let me reassure you (or further horrify you): we brush her teeth regularly! I'm not sure she's the best brusher, but holy toledo, she's not even two so I wasn't worried about it! WRONG! Worry! Worry, you parents out there! Tooth goop shaded a light orange is DISGUSTING.

So, no more of this "independent" thing where she gets to brush her own teeth. Nope, until I'm confident that she's not just sucking off the no-flouride paste off the brush and then just chomping on it cause the bristles are funny-feeling, Mommy and Daddy are taking on this nightly task.

arughaghgha. Tooth goop. Disgusting.

No comments: